Friday, November 7, 2014

T-Pain and Lil Wayne Join Forces for 'Let Me Through'

Lil Wayne T-PainKevin Winter, Getty Images

Producer-singer T-Pain reunites with Lil Wayne on his new single ‘Let Me Through,’ which he premiered on ‘Sway in the Morning’ earlier this week. The last time the two were on a song together was in 2009, for the Grammy-nominated single, ‘Got Money.’

On the track, the dynamic duo, who also call themselves T-Wayne, trade bars with each other over echoic trap music-inspired production.

T-Pain describes the song as racing music for his Bugatti. He spits, “Now I’m just sitting here at this red light with my emergency brake on / The wheels spinnin’, whip looking like it got new skates on / I’m talking 9.8 seconds boy, this ain’t gonna take long / Then I hop out at the finish line like, “is this what you waitin’ on?”

Meanwhile, Weezy, who also owns a Bugatti, spits racing metaphors and proudly states he’s “Cash Money’s mascot.”

“Got pedals I’ve never stepped on / Buttons I’ve never pressed on / Back seats I’ve never effed on / Police, they’ll get the F bomb,” he spits, adding, “Tunechi, fast and furious, I like my bitch fast and flirtatious.”

T-Pain released his new album, ‘Happy Hour: The Greatest Hits,’ this week, which features 13 of his chart-topping tracks. Last week, the rappa-ternt-sanga shocked the world with his incredible performance on NPR’s Tiny Desk Concert.

If you’re surprised by T-Pain’s rapping skills, then check out his freestyle session on ‘Sway in the Morning’ below.

Listen to T-Pain’s ‘Let Me Through’ Feat. Lil Wayne
Watch T-Pain Freestyle Live on ‘Sway in the Morning’

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment