Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ellie Goulding Partners With Angel Haze on 'Life Round Here'

Contact Us

Ellie Goulding Angel HazeSoundcloud

Ellie Goulding and Angel Haze have teamed up to rework a track from James Blake’s ‘Overgrown’ album. The dance-pop songstress covers Blake’s lyrics while Haze fills in and raps Chance the Rapper’s part.

Philadelphia producer Noah Breakfast provides the looming beat for Goulding to sing her introspective thoughts on love. “Part time love is the life round here / We’re never done / Everything feels like touchdown on a rainy day,” she sings.

Meanwhile, Haze jumps in with her gritty verse, rapping, “I’m searching / But I’m terrified / That by the time I find what I’m looking for I’ll be dead inside.”

Goulding does a good job reinterpreting the dreamy soundscapes of Blake’s original version, which is also a great song. Check out the track below.

Listen to Ellie Goulding & Angel Haze’s ‘Life Round Here’

No comments:

Post a Comment